Have you ever thought of having a meal plan?
In a world based on schedules, to do lists and planning for most things, finding time to have a healthy meal plan that works for you can prove to be a challenging task. Whether you decide to eat out, order in or prepare your own meal, one has to figure out what to eat, at what time and where, every single day. Meal planning adds a huge convenience to your daily schedules, enables you to eat healthier and attain your weight goals.
- Eating plans that contain 1,200–1,500 calories each day will help most women lose weight safely.
- Eating plans that contain 1,500–1,800 calories each day are suitable for men and for women who weigh more or who exercise regularly.
- Very low calorie diets of fewer than 800 calories per day should not be used unless you are being monitored by your doctor.
Eating habits have a huge impact on your life. When you get intentional about your feeding habits, you revolutionize your health and life for the better. Here are some reasons why you should have a meal plan.
- Meal planning is one of the best ways to attain your weight goals.
- Being intentional about your meals lowers your risk of acquiring heart disease and many other health conditions.
- Ensures a variety of meals on your list hence there is no monotony of meals.
- Ensures required daily nutrition is obtained
- What to have on your next meal is already figured so no need to overthink it.
- You can easily keep track of your nutrition and monitor your progress.
- It is easier to do your grocery list and shopping as you already know what you need.
A HEALTHY PLATE
Different types of foods have their recommended amount of portions or servings. Of note is that it’s not the amount of carbohydrate that’s on your plate that matters but the type. Also there are some proteins that have been proven to be healthier than others. Always use as little fat as possible, even fats that are considered healthier than others.As you adapt healthier eating habits be keen on what is on your plate. Check out Harvard’s healthy eating plate for more detail.
HOW TO GO ABOUT MEAL PLANS
- Make your own mealplan. This is good because you know best what is conveniently available for you, what you like to eat. This is not very hard if you use the plate model as described above. However, if you have little experience with how to come up with a balanced diet, or not so creative with your food,this might prove a little. Here is a list of things to consider when grocery shopping on a budget.
- Use an already made meal plan. Good thing there are quite a number available online that one can use, look for one with foods that are easily available for you to avoid getting frustrated over difficult recipes.
- Directly contact a nutritionist/ dietitian to have one custom made for you. this is the best as you get to do tailor made calculations, have frequent consultation and followup and get proper advise on adjustment according to need.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to be boring. You can enjoy delicious healthy meals.